THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

BE YOUR OWN ICON

 Hello my sweet loves. I know it’s been a while. I have been so busy with crazy things going on, but I missed you and am so glad to be back. These past few months I have learned how important self image is. So today instead of the traditional beauty news, I want to share some all important rules every Diva should know to stay fierce and true to oneself.
 Embracing one’s self is essential to basic self esteem. It’s what makes each one of us different and unique. It’s what inspires others on THEIR path. Now it takes effort to really keep yourself together. When we become lazy in aspects of our lives, it can of course affect other sides of us as well. Working on ourself insures that we put our self worth and self esteem first.
  ~Embracing yourself requires learning who you are. Feeling confident that no matter how different you seem to those around you, you have something special and amazing to offer to this world. Being different is actually the most beautiful thing you CAN offer in this society that is bombarded with cookie cutter personalities.
  ~Taking care of yourself from the inside out can help assist you in feeling your best. No matter what size and shape you are, you can feel amazing by maintaining a healthy diet that will not only nourish you from the inside, but also allow you to radiate on the outside. Remember you are what you eat. Eating foods that make you sluggish from the inside will show on your skin. So eating good stuff can kill two birds with one stone so to speak.
~Surrounding yourself with true positivity and not superficial joy. I first hand have experienced this. Through the years in my journey to learning and embracing myself, I have come across a few individuals who I thought were good for me. We got along, we shared stories, we had a few things in common, and from what I thought, we supported each other. But as time passed and I learned more about myself and what I should accept into my life and shouldn’t, I realized that these people were not for me. They were not on my team. This is where I learned the difference between friends and associates. Friends are those who always have your back. Who truly support you and not their agenda. Who push you to keep on your path and not steer you away because they don’t believe in it. Associates are those you get along with and can have fun, but are not ones you should become close to because they do not offer what your soul needs.
  This is the hardest lesson to learn. Sometimes it takes seeing this first hand to appreciate the special ones in your life (Shout out to my Bestie).
  ~Putting yourself together visually is all about how you express yourself to the world. An outfit that is put together and thought out, will assist in the world seeing you in the best light. Unfortunately first impressions mean everything. You want the world to see you as a fabulous fierce creature that they should look out for. Even if you are wearing a t-shirt, and cut-off jeans, how you wear that can mean everything from do you look like a hot mess or a hot Diva. Simply adding heels, an oversized clutch, hoop earrings and makeup can take you to superstar status even if you are just shopping at Target. It doesn’t have cost a lot of money to look refined, it’s just all about putting effort into the right details. And don't forget to smile. It's the hottest accessory to own.
  ~A little make up won’t hurt either. I am not saying you need to go the whole nine yards with your makeup. Simple things can go a long way in your image. I personally like to rock different color eyeliner for fun. I may do a simple neutral lid and put green eye liner on my bottom line. Maybe something as simple as a hot pink lip can make everyone go “Whoah!” and the smiles come pouring in. At the end it’s about getting creative with how you want to look, no matter how much time you have to devote to your daily regimen.

~Last, but not least Confidence. No matter what you are wearing, what kind of day you are having, confidence is the most powerful thing to possess that can have the most effect on your image. Again knowing who you are and what you have to offer as an individual will give you the most genuine confidence. Doing what other people are doing or trying to follow someone else’s path can make you look fake not relatable.

BE your own icon. Make your own opportunities. Be unstoppable. You alone can walk in your shoes. Make the best of it. You are beautiful, strong and worth it.

I miss you all and can’t wait to return and do what I can to support you. <3 x500000
Love you Divas
Stay Fabulous and Fierce ~~~ XoXo MiMi

0 comments: